Privium Basic: Sail through security
Would you rather arrive at Schiphol a bit later and go straight to the gate? Privium Basic allows you to get access to the Priority waiting area at security and the passport check will only take 10 seconds with the iris scanner.
- Fast security and border clearance
- Access to the Privium Lounges
- Priority parking and access to the Privium Excellence Garage
- Business class check-in
Your Privium Basic advantages
Priority at security
Privium grants you access to the Priority waiting area. A member of security staff will check which queue is shortest, so that you can pass through quickly.
Passport control in the blink of an eye
Thanks to the iris scan, you’ll get through passport control in just 10 seconds. It’s not a problem if you wear glasses or contact lenses.
Facilities for business travellers
You’ll get after security quickly after saving all that time at the security check and passport control. Once you’re there, you can relax or work at our special workplaces but there are also other facilities.
Frequently asked questions
How do I become a Privium member?
You can become a Privium member in just five steps. Then, you’ll start enjoying various privileges while travelling through Schiphol.
- Choose the Privium membership that suits you best and enter your email address.
- If you already have a My Schiphol account, we will ask you to log in so that we can already fill in some details for you. If you do not have a My Schiphol account, you will be taken straight to the enrolment form.
- Fill in the (rest of the) enrolment form and make an appointment to create your Privium card.
- You will receive a confirmation email within a few minutes. Keep an eye on your spam folder, just in case.
- Activate your Privium card in the Privium ClubLounge Departures. During your appointment, we will create your Privium card with your passport details and unique iris pattern. The Privium card is then ready for use and your membership starts immediately.
Do I have to be a frequent flyer to become a Privium member?
No, you can become a Privium member at any time, regardless of which airline you travel with, how often you fly or whether you travel economy, business or first class.
I do not have a Dutch passport. Am I still able to become a Privium member?
Yes, if you hold a valid passport or ID card from a European Union country, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland or Iceland, you can become a Privium member.
If you have asylum seeker or refugee status, unfortunately you cannot become a member due to regulations issued by the Royal Military Police. You cannot become a Privium member with a residency permit, either.
How can I change my subscription type?
You can change your subscription in My Schiphol. From Basic to Plus is always possible; from Plus to Basic is only possible after the first year of membership. When making a change, you can select your own date for when the change takes effect. When you change your membership (Plus to Basic or Basic to Plus), a new card needs to be created in the Privium ClubLounge Departures. You can make an appointment for this in My Schiphol.
What do I need to have a Privium card created?
You must be present in person. To have your Privium card ready for use immediately, please bring your valid passport or European ID card. A driving licence will not suffice as identification.
If your partner comes to activate his or her (Privium Partner) membership, you must also be present as a principal member. Your partner must also bring a valid passport or European ID card.
If your child (under 18) comes to activate his or her (Privium Partner) membership, both parents must be present. If not, please provide a copy of the other parent's passport and a consent form completed by them. Also, the parent who is not present should be available by phone for additional questions.
You can easily make an appointment to activate a Privium card in My Schiphol.
How do I Reactivate my Privium membership
Do you still have your Privium card and do you want to reactivate it? In many cases, we can arrange this for you remotely using this form.
Conditions for remote activation:
- You still have your Privium card and want the same type of membership as you had before
- The card must still be valid (see expiration date on the card)
- You have not received a new travel document (such as a passport) since your Privium membership ended. This is because a new travel document has not been linked to your Privium card.