Park in front of P1. The best choice for those who want to park just a few minutes walk to Departures.
Park in front of P3, nearby the shuttle bus.
Luxurious parking garage at Schiphol Center, right next to Departure Hall 3.
Privium 6 Valet
Carefree and direct travel. Leave your car in safe surroundings within walking distance of the terminal.
Most requested information
Can I change, extend or cancel my reservation for parking?
Yes, this is possible until 24 hours in advance. You can change or cancel your reservation here. Have you driven in yet? Then extension is no longer possible. Additional costs will then be charged, which you can pay at the payment terminal upon return.
Changing the dates of parking, the license plate of the car, or your personal details is free of charge. Important: if you change your reservation, you will automatically receive a new reservation number. Carefully save the reservation confirmation (and any changes we send you by e-mail). It will contain the most complete information.
The parking fees will only be refunded if you selected the cancellation option when you made the reservation. It is easy to add it when you make your reservation. The €5 charge for adding this option will not be refunded when cancelling your reservation.
Privium Plus members can always change or cancel their reservations for parking free of charge (membership benefit). This can be done until 1 minute before the start of their reservation.
Please note, you can no longer change or extend it in the interim if you have already parked your car. This also applies to Privium Plus members.
Do I get a refund if I pick up my car earlier?
You do not get a refund if you return earlier. After all, we have reserved a space for you for the period as stated.
Can I still use my Privium Plus card to drive into P1?
No. You can no longer use your Privium Plus card to drive into P1. You can drive into Privium 1, address: Transportstraat, 1118 ZT Schiphol. You can park there for up to 72 hours without a reservation.
How does driving in and out on the basis of license plate recognition work?
- Ensure your license plate matches the license plate of your reservation.
- Drive up to the gate. Your license plate will be scanned. It may take a little time before your license plate is recognised.
- When your license plate is recognised, you will automatically receive a parking ticket with your license plate and reservation number at the gate.
- Take your parking ticket.
- Keep this parking ticket in a safe place as you will need this when you are driving out.
Please note: if you do not automatically receive a parking ticket, do not press the button for a parking ticket yourself. In that case, always use the intercom to ask for assistance. In case of problems, it is helpful to have your reservation number at hand so we can help you quicker.
Upon your return, you do not need to use the pay station and you can use the parking ticket to drive out. However, if you have parked for longer than your estimated return then you can pay the additional charges at the pay station.
Did you press the parking ticket button upon entry because your reservation was not automatically recognised? In that case, please use the intercom at the pay station to ask for assistance to prevent a double charge upon leaving.
Where can I find charging stations for my electric car?
- P1 Parking - Second floor (on the roof), row 206 and 207 - 11 charging stations
- P3 Garage - Ground floor, to the right of the entrance - 12 charging stations
- P6 Valet - Ask a staff member when handing in your car keys
- Terminal Valet – Ask a staff member when handing in your car keys
- Privium 1 - First floor, row 101 (Windmill) - 12 charging stations
- Privium 6 Valet – Ask a staff member when handing in your car keys
Please note: there are no electric charging stations on the P3 Site and Privium 3.
Terms and conditions Schiphol Parking
All services and Schiphol Parking Schiphol Valet parking only apply to the full terms and conditions.