This page answers the most commonly-asked questions asked by new and existing Privium members. Whether you have questions about the iris scan, your Privium card or our lounges, you’ll find everything you need to know right here.
Questions about becoming a member and membership terms
1. How do I become a Privium member?
2. I do not have a Dutch passport. Am I still able to become a Privium member?
3. I do not have a European passport, but I am registered with the Registered Traveller Programme (RTP-NL). Can I become a Privium member?
4. I have diplomatic status but no European passport. Can I become a Privium member?
5. I have dual citizenship – can I become a Privium member?
6. Can I become a member with an expired or emergency passport?
7. Is Privium accessible for wheelchair users?
8. Do I have to be a frequent flyer to become a Privium member?
9. When will my Privium membership card be ready, and can I use the iris scan immediately?
10. What documents should I bring with me for my initial appointment to create the Privium card?
11. How do I upgrade from Privium Basic to Privium Plus?
12. How do I cancel my Privium subscription?
13. How do I cancel my Privium trial subscription?
Questions about your Privium card
1. Will I automatically receive a new Privium card every year?
2. What should I do if I lose my Privium membership card?
3. Can I make use of Privium services if I left my card at home?
4. Do I have to bring my passport when I use Privium services?
5. Can I use Privium with an expired passport?
6. What should I do if the Privium border returns the status 'membership expired'?
7. Will my ticket or boarding pass be checked?
8. Can I lend someone my Privium card for parking?
9. Why is my Privium Plus card blocked at the Privium car park entry?
10. Is the Privium card secure?
Questions about the iris scan
1. How tall do I need to be to use the iris scan?
2. How does the iris scan work at the border passage?
3. What happens if the scanner fails to scan my iris?
4. When was the iris scan opened at the border?
Questions about the Privium ClubLounge
1. When can I make use of the Privium ClubLounge?
2. Can I introduce a new member to the Privium ClubLounge?
Questions about the Privium Airside Lounge
1. When can I visit the Airside Lounge?
2. When is the Privium Airside Lounge open?
3. Will the Privium Airside Lounge stay open in the evening if my flight is delayed?
4. Can I visit the Privium Airside Lounge when I arrive on a flight to Schiphol?
5. Can I also visit the Privium Airside Lounge in the non-Schengen area of the terminal when traveling on a Schengen flight?
6. Can I bring a friend to introduce to Privium at the Privium Airside Lounge?
7. Can I have an iris scan completed at the Privium Airside Lounge in order to become a Privium member?
8. I just lost my card; can I get a new card in the Privium Airside Lounge?
9. Is the Marechaussee present in the Privium Airside Lounge for passport updates?
10. Can I go to the Privium Airside Lounge desk to make an appointment at the Privium ClubLounge before security?
11. I would like to cancel my Privium membership. Can I do this at the Privium Airside Lounge?
12. Does the Privium Airside Lounge have the same food and drink assortment as in the Privium ClubLounge?
13. What do you mean by a ‘provisional’ lounge?
14. Are lost items held at the Privium Airside Lounge or will they be sent to Lost and Found?
15. Can I meet with a few business associates / colleagues in the Privium Airside Lounge?