Privium Partner: Travel better, together
Stick together! Are you a Privium member and do you often travel with your partner or children? Privium Partner gives your partner the same advantages at Schiphol as you. They can always benefit from fast security and border clearance, even if you are not travelling with them.
You can add a Partner on the Privium dashboard in My Schiphol, in the 'account' section.
- Fast security and border clearance
- Access to the Privium Lounges and business class check in (only if you travel together with a Plus member)
Privium Partner advantages
Many airlines will allow both of you to benefit from business class check-in, even with economy class tickets.
Priority at security
Your partner has access to the Priority waiting area at the security check and the fast iris scan at passport control, even if you are not travelling with them.
Room for two
A bite to eat, time to relax or both hard at work – if you are a Plus member and you travel together with your partner, the two of you will have access to our lounges.
Good to know
- Is your partner flying without you? Then not all benefits apply. Your partner will still get priority at security and at the iris scan when going through passport control.
- Your life partner and children between the ages of 12 and 20 who still live at home can become Privium Partner members. Your business associates cannot.
- Privium members must be at least 1.55 metres tall due to the height of the iris scanner.
- Your children have to be in possession of their own valid passport or European identity card from the EEA.
- When your child turns 21, their Privium Partner membership will expire. This is unless they are your sole adult Privium Partner.
- Only you are able to cancel a Partner membership.
Make an appointment at the Privium ClubLounge
Registering your partner is quick and easy via your personal My Schiphol account, just go to your dashboard. You can make an appointment to activate your partner’s membership in the Privium ClubLounge. You do not need to accompany them, unless you are applying for the membership of a child under the age of 18. In that case, the main member needs to hand in the passport of the other parent and the permission form signed by the other parent at the Privium ClubLounge Departures. In addition, the parent who is not present should be available by phone for additional questions. The guidelines of the Dutch Royal Marechaussee apply to travel.
Frequently asked questions
How do I become a Privium member?
You can become a Privium member in just five steps. Then, you’ll start enjoying various privileges while travelling through Schiphol.
- Choose the Privium membership that suits you best and enter your email address.
- If you already have a My Schiphol account, we will ask you to log in so that we can already fill in some details for you. If you do not have a My Schiphol account, you will be taken straight to the enrolment form.
- Fill in the (rest of the) enrolment form and make an appointment to create your Privium card.
- You will receive a confirmation email within a few minutes. Keep an eye on your spam folder, just in case.
- Activate your Privium card in the Privium ClubLounge Departures. During your appointment, we will create your Privium card with your passport details and unique iris pattern. The Privium card is then ready for use and your membership starts immediately.
Who is elligible for a Privium Partner membership?
Partner memberships can be requested for children between the ages of 12 and 20 who are living at home with their parents, and the life partner. This type of membership is not meant for business partners of business relations. Privium members have to be at least 1,55 m in length (due to the height of the iris scan).
When can my child become a Privium Partner?
Children between the ages of 12 and 20 that are still living at home can apply for a Partner membership. Privium members have to be at least 1,55 m in length (due to the height of the iris scan). Your child can travel with you as Privium Partner until the age of 20. Children have to be in possession of their own valid passport or European identity card from the EEA. The Partner membership of a child is terminated/cancelled at the moment the child reaches the age limit of 21, unless the child is the only adult Partner member of the main Privium member.
Do I have to be present when my partner has the Privium card made?
You can easily register your partner for a Partner membership in your My Schiphol account. The Privium member (‘’main member’) does not have to be present during the appointment in the Privium ClubLounge Departures when your partner activates the membership. However, this does not apply when requesting a partner membership for your minor. In this case one of the parents needs to be present. The main member needs to hand in the passport of the other parent and the permission form signed by the other parent at the Privium ClubLounge Departures. In addition, the parent who is not present should also be available by phone for additional questions. Regarding travel, the guidelines of the Marechaussee / border control apply. After your visit to the Privium ClubLounge Departures the card is ready for use.
Can a business relation become my Privium Partner?
No, this is not possible unfortunately. Partner memberships can only be requested for children between the ages of 12 and 20 who are living at home and the life partner. This type of membership is not meant for business partners of business relations.
How do I Reactivate my Privium membership
Do you still have your Privium card and do you want to reactivate it? In many cases, we can arrange this for you remotely using this form.
Conditions for remote activation:
- You still have your Privium card and want the same type of membership as you had before
- The card must still be valid (see expiration date on the card)
- You have not received a new travel document (such as a passport) since your Privium membership ended. This is because a new travel document has not been linked to your Privium card.