The usual measures that apply in the Netherlands, such as the advice to give each other space and regularly wash your hands, also apply at the airport. Furthermore, it is mandatory to wear a face mask from the moment you scan your boarding pass until when you get on the plane. And after leaving the plane, you may only take your face mask off after passing through baggage reclaim.
When you fly
Many travel destinations require a negative test result, proof of vaccination or recovery. Whether or not you need a COVID certificate depends on your destination and the rules that apply there. You can find out by checking the travel advisories on netherlandsworldwide.nl. Do you want to get tested at Schiphol before departure? Make an appointment with Test2Fly.amsterdam.
The 5 most important measures
At Schiphol, we kindly ask that you:
- Give each other space whenever possible
- Regularly wash your hands
- Wear a face mask (this is mandatory from the moment you scan your boarding pass until when you board the plane, or after you have left baggage reclaim)
- Bring a negative test result, proof of vaccination or recovery if this applies to your travel destination
- Cough and sneeze into the inside of your elbow
Certificate for coronavirus safety measures
Schiphol's coronavirus safety measures have been approved by Airports Council International (ACI). This accreditation demonstrates that we comply with international health and safety guidelines.
Information about corona
What time should I arrive at Schiphol? Do I need to wear a face mask? Will I need a negative Covid test result?
Which measures can I expect?
There are fewer travellers but we have to maintain a distance of 1.5 metres, which can mean that it can actually seem busier. How can we give each other enough space?