Conditions to be eligible for a donation: Is your initiative eligible?
The Schiphol Fund donates money to support new initiatives that motivate people to take up an exercise activity in the local community around the airport. We’d love to help everyone, but not all projects are eligible to receive a donation. Read our conditions here.
Your project is eligible if:
- It encourages physical exercise at an amateur level
- Your club or organisation is registered with the Chamber of Commerce and is officially based within our area of operation and is not run for profit and the initiative will take place in our are of operation
- You can demonstrate that 100% of the donation will go to fund your project for physical exercise
- Your initiative is largely funded by the organization itself and the missing part that you apply for from the Schiphol Fund is a maximum of € 10,000
- Your organisation has not received any donations from the Schiphol Fund in the last three years.
What would bar the project from funding?
The Schiphol Fund wants to help as many people as possible, but we have to make a choice. Your application will not be considered if it is focused on:
- Passive exercise, games that only challenge the mind (e.g. bridge, draughts, shuffleboard (sjoelen) or snooker
- A music festival, musical, making music, festival week, etc.
- Short-term events such as tournaments, championships, jubilees, training camps or public holidays
- One-off costs (such as venue and equipment hire) and costs that do not directly facilitate physical exercise (such as first aid, prizes, financial compensation, organisation costs, travel and accommodation expenses, advertising, printing, clothing)
- Equipment that is not really necessary to make the exercise itself possible (scoreboards, ball bin, etc.)
- Other funds
- Concurrence with an application to the Living Environment Schiphol Foundation is also not permitted. You must first choose where to submit the application. Is it mainly about exercise or more about quality of life?
Schools, care facilities and not-for-profit community centres
Are you planning to create a new exercise-themed playground for your local school? Or maybe install a public sports field for your care facility or community centre? Apply today! Just bear these issues in mind:
You can only receive one donation for play equipment for the school playground. We advise you to send several options for equipment that leads to more movement and to leave the choice of the equipment to donate to the Schiphol Fund.
As a sports association you can apply for a project related to sport and exercise, exclusively within the core responsibilities of the assocation. In other words: a football club can only submit applications in the field of football, a hockey club for hockey, etc. Applications for a gym for training are therefore not honored, unless it is specific to the sport in question.
You can apply on behalf of a care facility for a project or initiative relating to sport and exercise. That said, your project should be accessible to as many people as possible, and volunteers should be active at the facility. Additionally, in this case the project must not be part the organisation’s core responsibilities, and no official subsidy must be available to carry it out.
Our area of operation
Want to find out if your club or initiative is based within our area of operation?
Request a donation
Complete the form and let us know how a donation can support your initiative
Submitted your application?
Read more about the Schiphol Fund timetable and procedures here.