Conditions to be eligible for a donation: Is your initiative eligible?
The Schiphol Fund donates money to support new initiatives that motivate people to take up an exercise activity in the local community around the airport. We’d love to help everyone, but not all projects are eligible to receive a donation. Read our conditions here.
Your project is eligible if:
- It encourages physical exercise at an amateur level;
- Your club, foundation or organisation is officially based within our area of operation and is not run for profit;
- You can demonstrate that 100% of the donation will go to fund your project or initiative for physical exercise;
- You have not received any donations from the Schiphol Fund in the last three years.
What would bar the project from funding?
The Schiphol Fund wants to help as many people as possible, but we have to make a choice. Your application will not be considered if it is focused on:
- Passive exercise, such as games that only challenge the mind (e.g. bridge, draughts), shuffleboard (sjoelen) or snooker;
- A music festival, musical, making music, festival week, etc.;
- Short-term events such as tournaments, jubilees, training camps or public holidays;
- One-off costs (such as venue and equipment hire) and costs that do not directly facilitate physical exercise (such as first aid costs, prizes, financial compensation, organisation costs, travel and accommodation expenses, advertising, printing, clothing, etc.);
- Equipment that is not really necessary to make the exercise itself possible (scoreboards, ball bin, etc.);
- Other funds.
Schools, care facilities and not-for-profit community centres
Are you planning to create a new exercise-themed playground for your local school? Or maybe install a public sports field for your care facility or community centre? Apply today! Just bear these issues in mind:
You can only receive a special donation to refurbish a school playground if, within the past three years, the foundation that governs your school has not received any special donations for another school governed by the same foundation. This condition does not apply to general donations – they are open to more than one school within the same foundation.
You can apply on behalf of a care facility for a project or initiative relating to sport and exercise. That said, your project should be accessible to as many people as possible, and volunteers should be active at the facility. Additionally, the project must not be part the organisation’s core responsibilities, and no official subsidy must be available to carry it out.
Only not-for-profit community centres run by volunteers are eligible for a donation from the Schiphol Fund for a project relating to sport and exercise. This means that your application must demonstrate that you have no commercial interests arising from the statutes of your foundation or club.
Our area of operation
Want to find out if your club or initiative is based within our area of operation?
Request a donation
Complete the form and let us know how a donation can support your initiative
Submitted your application?
Read more about the Schiphol Fund timetable and procedures here.