Rapid tests at Schiphol: Take a COVID-19 test before departure
How does a rapid test at Schiphol work?
- Make an appointment at Test2Fly.com.
- Select the ‘rapid test’ (antigen test) option that costs € 69.00 and choose the location ‘Vertrekhal 1’ or 'Traverse'.
- Choose a date and time, bearing in mind that the test result must be no more than 24 hours old when you board the aircraft.
- Pay for the appointment. It costs 69 euros per person.
- You receive an email confirming your appointment.
- Come to the appointment at in Departures 1 at the arranged time, and don't forget to bring your passport or ID card.
- You sign in using the QR code in your confirmation email – that way your test results can be linked to your details.
- A qualified person administers the rapid test.
- Your test is processed within 15-20 minutes.
- Negative test result? You can travel safely. Your travel declaration will be sent by email. You must be able to show it when requested.
- Positive test result? Unfortunately, you are not allowed to travel. You will receive the test result by email. The result will be shared with the local health authority (GGD). Go into quarantine and follow public health institute (RIVM) guidelines.
Rapid test opening hours
You can take a pre-booked rapid test every day from 06:30 to 20:00 at Vertrekhal 1 and from 07:00 to 11:00 in the Traverse. We will unfortunately not be able to help you if you do not have an appointment.
Rapid test location
The rapid tests are carried out near the service desk between Departures 1 and Departures 1A or on the Traverse (take the escalator up near the car rentals at Schiphol Plaza).
Test before travelling to Schiphol
Will you be arriving at Schiphol from a high-risk area (a country or region with an orange or red travel advisory on netherlandsworldwide.nl)? Then you are required to have a negative NAAT test result that is no more than 24 hours old upon boarding. The other option is to have two negative test results – one from a rapid test of no more than 24 hours old upon boarding and one from a NAAT test of no more than 72 hours old upon arriving in the Netherlands.
Rapid test for transfer passengers
If you are travelling via Schiphol from a high-risk area (a country of region with a red or orange travel advisory on netherlandsworldwide.nl) then you are required to have a negative NAAT (PCR) test result that is no more than 72 hours old upon your arrival in the Netherlands.
Test location for transfer passengers to China
There is a special test location for transfer passengers heading to China at gate D10 on Pier-D. Here, you can take the mandatory PCR and IgM antibody tests required by the Chinese government. Before transferring at Schiphol onto a flight to China, it is important that you have booked a test appointment online and that you have taken both tests before departure. This is a necessary step in your transfer process at Schiphol. You should register here and come to the test location at gate D10 at the selected time. Do you have a question about your flight? Get in touch with your airline.
FAQ Testing at Schiphol
Which test do I need when travelling to the Netherlands?
Are you arriving in the Netherlands by plane from a high-risk area? Then you are currently required to provide two negative test results. As of March 2021, it is also possible to provide one negative NAAT test result that is no longer than 24 hours old upon boarding. You can find more information on the website of the Dutch government.
How far in advance should I take a test?
Upon boarding the plane, you have a negative rapid antigen test result that is no more than 4 hours old and a negative PCR or LAMP test result that is no more than 72 hours old upon arrival in the Netherlands.
Upon boarding the plane, you have a negative NAAT test result that is no more than 12 hours old upon boarding.
Exceptions apply to some countries. Please check the government's travel advice on www.netherlandsworldwide.nl
Which test do I need to travel abroad?
To find out, we advise you to check the government's travel advice on www.netherlandsworldwide.nl