By train to Schiphol: Alight under the airport
From the platform, simply use the escalator or lift to go up one floor to Schiphol Plaza. It will then take you a couple of minutes to walk to the check-in desk. Follow the signs to Departure Halls 1, 2 or 3.
Direct connections to Schiphol
Many cities in the Netherlands offer direct connections to Schiphol. You can travel to Schiphol from Amsterdam, Utrecht, Leiden, The Hague, Delft and Rotterdam 24/7, often without changing trains.
Train tickets and the public transport chip card
In addition to paper tickets, many Dutch people use a public transport card called the ‘OV-chipkaart’. You can use the OV-chipkaart on the train, bus, tram and metro services. Several different types of public transport card are available.
- Plan your journey at ns.nl or 9292.nl
- Buy a public transport card from the yellow ticket machines at Schiphol and most stations
- Make sure you have at least € 20 credit on your public transport card
- Always check in and out by swiping your card on the yellow card readers. These are located at the top of the escalators and lifts in Schiphol Plaza.
- You must wear a face mask on the train.