Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit a website. They ensure the optimal functioning of the site and collect data in order to make the displayed information as relevant as possible to you.
Read our privacy statement if you want to know precisely how we deal with personal data.
Types of cookies on Schiphol.nl
We use a number of cookies with different properties:
Functional cookies improve ease of use. For example, they remember selections or remove the need to log in every time. We use functional cookies.
Transaction cookies are used when you have made a booking and, where applicable, to pay commissions to our partners. We use transaction cookies by TradeTracker.
Monitoring or analytical cookies enable us to map anonymised visitor and search behaviour and to adjust our services in accordance with the findings. This allows us to further improve our services to you as a (potential) visitor. We use monitoring cookies by Google Analytics and Digital Analytics.
As part of the Google Analytics service, the American company Google places a cookie on your computer through our websites. Google only shares the information thus obtained with third parties that process the information on behalf of the company, or when required by law. We cannot influence this. The information collected by Google is largely anonymised. Care is taken, for example, not to include your complete IP address. The data are stored on Google servers in the United States.
In using Google Analytics cookies we follow the recommendations issued by the Dutch Data Protection Authority:
- We have a data processing agreement with Google Inc. that stipulates Google must treat cookie information with due care;
- As part of data minimisation efforts, we have chosen to encrypt the last octet of IP addresses;
- As a further data minimisation step, the function ‘Share data’ is switched off;
- We do not use other Google services in combination with the Google Analytics cookies;
- No personal information is stored or used;
- We never share information from Google Analytics cookies with third parties.
- Marketing or tracking cookies store your interests so you can receive offers related to your wishes and interests via the Schiphol website and elsewhere. They also allow us to stop showing offers you have already made use of or seen several times. Without these cookies you may see irrelevant advertisements more frequently. We use marketing cookies, web beacons and similar technologies by Doubleclick, Facebook and Google Adwords.
We collect the following data using marketing cookies:
- Web pages visited;
- IP addresses;
- Cookie content;
- Referrer URL;
- Information on the computer peripherals and software settings used.
The marketing cookies remain valid for 30 days.
Which third parties place cookies on your computer through our website?
Schiphol collaborates with parties in the fields of social media, visitor statistics, advertisements and streaming video which also place cookies on your computer. Our partners are: Google (Plus, Analytics, Adwords), Double Click, Bing Search Marketing, Comscore, TradeTracker and Facebook.
How do you benefit from cookies?
Thanks to cookies, we can analyse surfing behaviour and make offers relevant to you. They also enable us to prevent you seeing the same offers all the time. We are constantly improving our online service thanks to the analysis of trends and behaviour on our website.
Can you refuse or delete cookies?
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can set your browser to reject cookies automatically. You can also remove cookies manually through your browser settings. Switching off cookies may affect the ease of use of Schiphol.nl and other websites.
If you want to switch off Google cookies, visit the Google page for opting out of seeing personalised ads.
If you do not want advertisers to analyse your online behaviour, you can indicate this on the following website: Your Online Choices.
The name ‘Schiphol’ refers to: Schiphol Nederland BV and associated companies.