Wondering about what’s going on in Departure Hall & Lounge 1? We can tell you: a lot! But there’s no time to sit back and relax. Here’s a brief progress report.
Published on: 8 March 2019
Crossed off the list
We’ve been spending recent weeks ticking the following things off our to-do list.
- The concrete floor for the temporary security filter on Cockpit Square has been poured. We’ve also started receiving materials for the steel structure and have begun erecting it.
- The escalators have been hoisted into place for the new stairway/lift location in Departure Hall 1.
We’re working on it
Here’s what we’re working on now.
- We’re currently dismantling the old Swissport lounge since this area will become part of the new mezzanine. This way, we’re making room for the security filter on this level.
- We’re moving various systems in order to close off the open space at the back of the new mezzanine.
- Work on the demolition of Dakota’s Café & Bar is still going strong.
Still to get done
We’re doing very nicely if we do say so ourselves, but there’s still a lot to get done in the near future. These things, for example:
- As of mid-March, dust partitions will be in place on the ground floor of Schiphol Plaza at the central stairway/lift location. This is so that we can install systems there and make preparations for the construction of a new lift.
- A temporary bridge will be installed on the first floor between Departure Halls 1 and 2 to allow us and the contractors to transport construction materials back and forth.
- We are currently working on the design for the interior of the new staff restaurant.