Vaccines Gateway Netherlands: Safe, secure and swift distribution
Synergy by Community approach; Capability, Capacity and transparency
- We have a set of scripts and scenarios in place when the COVID-19 vaccines are ready for the market and distribution
- Packing and volume: preparatory measures has been taken based on the expected volumes and the different pharma packaging.
- Greatly experienced supply chain with temperature controlled shipments
- Shared capacity within Cargo Community; Joint Dry Ice stock/ cool room facilities etc.
- Shared knowledge and data within the VGN
Disclaimer: 2nd and 3rd line storage capacity is based on data from multiple sources -
Subject to changes and typing errors.
Mainport with global reach, regionally accessible with the best connectivity by air and road.
- With 120 airlines servicing 316 destinations in 98 different countries, Amsterdam Schiphol Airport offers the single most direct scheduled destinations of all mainland European Airports.
- Sufficient capacity in the regular network to provide safe, secure and swift transport of the vaccines. If extra capacity needed, we can trust on cooperative support of the Dutch Government.
- 5 cargo handlers active at Schiphol
Source: Amsterdam Airport Schiphol 2020
Reliability: GDP and/or CEIV certified supply chain
- All Ground handlers are GDP compliant and/or CEIV certified
- All Hauliers are GDP compliant and/or CEIV certified
- All Forwarders are GDP compliant and/or CEIV certified
- All Airlines are GDP compliant and/or CEIV certified
Efficiency and speed with the help of border customs
- Creating fast lanes at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol which will create ‘immediate in immediate out’ and thus very little storage time on Schiphol and will enable the highest connection time possible
- Customs is an active participant and has an active role within the VGN by making the swift checks and smooth customs clearance available.
- The “Kmar”(Royal Military Police) is on board for the right security measures and processes.
- Positive and Cooperative support of the Dutch government.
- Less hand over moments result in less temperature incursions.
- 1.44 million tonnes of cargo in 2020.