Schiphol’s facilities for cargo logistics: For smarter air cargo processes
Schiphol is Europe's third largest cargo gateway. We connect the world with 326 scheduled destinations in 98 countries. We serve 104 scheduled passenger airlines and 26 scheduled freighter operators (2017 figures).
Schiphol facilities include:
- 5 main runways
- Plentiful parking and handling for the largest of freighters
- 400,000 m2 of cargo warehouses (60% with direct airside access)
- Two livestock handling centres
- Extensive temperature-controlled handling facilities
- Community cargo management system (powered byCargonaut)
- Choice of 5 handling agents
- Scheduled RFS services to/from every European airfreight centre
Factsheet: The importance of cargo
There are no more than a handful of airports in the world of aviation which successfully handle both passengers and cargo. In 2017, 1,752,498 tonnes of cargo were transported via Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. Schiphol takes third place in Europe, making it one of the leading European cargo airports.
* subject to changes and typing errors