Schiphol’s facilities for cargo logistics: For smarter air cargo processes
Schiphol is Europe's third largest cargo gateway. We connect the world with 316 direct destinations in 98 countries and we serve 120 scheduled airlines. In 2020 there was a total of 227,304 air transport movements at Schiphol including 23,782 full freighter movements.
Schiphol facilities include:
- 5 main runways
- Plentiful parking and handling for the largest of freighters
- 400,000 m2 of cargo warehouses (60% with direct airside access)
- Two livestock handling centres
- Extensive temperature-controlled handling facilities
- Community cargo management system (powered byCargonaut)
- Choice of 5 handling agents
- Scheduled RFS services to/from every European airfreight centre
Factsheet: Cargo and Aviation
There are no more than a handful of airports in the world of aviation which successfully handle both passengers and cargo. In 2020, the total cargo volume at Schiphol Airport amounted to 1,44 million tonnes, maintaining Schiphol’s position as one of Europe’s top-five cargo hubs.
* subject to changes and typing errors