Working at heights: Work safely at heights
Many work-related accidents are caused by falls. Falling objects also cause an increased safety risk. An unexpected slip combined with the incorrect use of fall protection equipment can lead to dangerous situations or serious accidents. When working at heights, it is therefore essential for you to follow the rules.
Golden Rule 7: I work safely at heights
- Never go onto roofs without the client's permission.
- Construct portable scaffolding according to the user instructions.
- Only work on certified scaffolding.
- Use a harness belt if there are no perimeter safety features.
- Use a harness belt when working in a boom truck.
- Do not use a ladder as a workplace.
- Only use stairs with a supporting bracket.
- Be aware of the risk of falling objects.