Route to most sustainable airports: Sustaining Your World
Royal Schiphol Group aims to operate the most sustainable airports in the world by 2050. In doing so, we focus on four themes: circular economy, energy positive, sustainable aviation and communities. Each theme has a concrete goal.
Our goals for 2030:
- Our airports are waste and emission-free;
- CO2 emissions from aviation are at 2005 levels;
- We’ve improved the balance between our airports and the local communities.
Our goals for 2050:
- Our airports are circular and energy-positive;
- the aviation sector is CO2 neutral;
- it is pleasant to live and work in the vicinity of our airports.