Challenge: Remind other people of the rules
Working safely starts with you, but don't keep it to yourself. Help other people and keep each other alert. Take a critical look at your own performance, be open to feedback and draw people’s attention to any unsafe behaviour. And don't forget to give compliments too!
Golden Rule 1: I speak out about unsafe working practices
- Take immediate action in the event of an unsafe situation.
- Take responsibility for your own safety and that of others.
- Address colleagues about unsafe or irresponsible behaviour.
- Report unsafe situations immediately so that colleagues can learn from them.
- Discuss safety dilemmas with your manager.
- Accept it when colleagues speak to you about unsafe behaviour.