You are interested in the Dutch market? Of course you want to know what this market is like. How large is the catchment area? Who are my peer companies? And why are they establishing themselves at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol in the Netherlands? Well, this is why:
Our leading international rankings
With our top spot in international rankings Schiphol is a leading airport in the world and Netherlands ranks high compared to the rest of the world too. Here are our 2015 listings on European and global rankings.
These characteristics will give you an insight in the market. Schiphol’s central and strategic geographical location is just one of our many market draws for airlines.
Robust Dutch business climate
The stable business climate in the Netherlands makes our country very appealing. We consistently rank high on global business climate rankings. Check out our political and social-economical factors:
Well connected, large catchment area
The Netherlands is a small but very well connected country. Within three hours you can cross it and connect with other countries. The catchment area of AMS makes up a large part of Western Europe, including, France, Belgium to Germany.
• 7 trains an hour connect Schiphol with Amsterdam in 15 minutes.
• 12 trains an hour connect Schiphol with Amsterdam WTC in 7 minutes.
• The Hague and Utrecht are only 30 minutes by train.
• Rotterdam is 45 minutes by train or 27 minutes with the high-speed train.
• 11 Thalys high-speed trains per day connect Schiphol to Brussels.
• 13 Thalys high-speed trains per day connect Schiphol to Paris in 3 hours.
• AMS has reliable, direct access to the national road network.
Things to do and see in Amsterdam and the Netherlands
A thriving social environment is good for business. But it's just as important for your employees to enjoy all that the Netherlands has to offer first-hand. There is so much to offer people of all ages and interests to explore and enjoy in Amsterdam and surrounding country.
Holland Marketing provides you, your passengers and employees a full list of festivals, markets, parades, expositions and activities throughout the country.
The official iamsterdam website shows what you can do and see in Amsterdam, from restaurants to nightlife, theatres and concerts to festivals.