In order to use the Schiphol API platform and the APIs offered on the platform, you must accept the following general API terms and conditions.
Throughout this document we use the following terms.
- Account Plan: A set of usage rights for a specific API on the API Platform.
- API: Application Programming Interface.
- API Platform: the Schiphol API platform providing access to the APIs.
- API User: the party obtaining access to the Schiphol API Platform. This can be a person or a company.
- General API Terms and Conditions: these General API Terms and Conditions.
- Intended Use: the use of the specific API by or on behalf of the API User as further described in the specific API.
- Specific API Terms and Conditions: specific API terms and conditions that apply to specific APIs.
- Schiphol: Schiphol Nederland B.V., a private company with limited liability, with corporate seat in Haarlemmermeer, and having its offices at Evert van de Beekstraat 202 (1118 CP) Schiphol, The Netherlands, listed in the commercial register under number 34166584.
B. User identification
- The API User must provide his or her real personal name and real company name during signup to the API Platform.
- The API User receives a license to the API Platform and an API key. The API key that API Users receive is personal.
- The API User can only share the API key and/or distribute data obtained through the APIs with other parties for the purpose of the Intended Use.
C. Intellectual property
- The names and logos of Schiphol and Schiphol partners such as airlines are all protected by trademarks and copyright. API Users may not use these names and logos without prior written consent of Schiphol. .
- API Users are not allowed to suggest that they are affiliated to, selected by, partner of or representing Schiphol.
- No intellectual property is transferred from Schiphol to API Users, and API Users do not gain any intellectual property rights to data received through the API Platform.
D. API use
- API Users may not use the APIs to transmit information that is inaccurate, harmful, misleading, offensive or is perceived as unwanted mass communication (spam).
- API Users may not use the APIs to transmit any malware, viruses, denial of service attacks or use the API in any other way that is harmful for Schiphol or other organizations.
- The use of the APIs is subject to the rules as described in the documentation and Account Plan as provided on the API Platform. API Users must comply to these rules.
- It is not allowed to use the APIs and/or data provided through the APIs for other purposes than the Intended Use.
- The API Platform and any APIs, are made available by Schiphol for an indefinite period of time. Schiphol reserves the right to cancel the availability of the API Platform or any API at any time without giving notice.
- Upon discontinuation of access to an API, the API User will immediately stop using the API and delete any cached or stored data that was collected from the API.
- APIs may not be used for combining data relating to an identified natural person. Such data is personal data and cannot be used in any way without permission of that person. API Users must comply with all privacy laws valid in The Netherlands when handling such personal data.
E. Monitoring and compliance
- Schiphol reserves the right to monitor the use of the APIs offered on the API Platform and uses this information for improvement of the platform, checking compliance with these General API Terms and Conditions and any Specific API Terms and Conditions and providing usage insight to API stakeholders.
- Schiphol will suspend API Users immediately if Schiphol believes that the API User does not comply with these General API Terms and Conditions and/or any Specific API Terms and Conditions, or in case of technical issues.
- Schiphol reserves the right to audit the source code of apps and/ or IT systems to verify that the usage complies with these General API Terms and Conditions and any Specific API Terms and Conditions.
- Schiphol reserves the right to suspend API usage immediately if API use conflicts with the commercial interests of Schiphol.
F. Limitation of warranty
- The API Platform is provided as-is and without any warranty whatsoever. Schiphol is not liable for any damage due to unavailable or incorrect APIs and/or data made available through APIs.
- The API User agrees to pay for any damage or hindrance suffered by Schiphol or Schiphol business partners that is caused by incorrect use of the API Platform, or related to API Platform use in violation of these General API Terms and Conditions and any Specific API Terms and Conditions.
- Schiphol has the right to change these General API Terms and Conditions and any Specific API Terms and Conditions without notice.
- By continuing to use the API Platform, API Users accept the latest version of these General API Terms and Conditions and any Specific API Terms and Conditions.
- In case of any conflict between these General API Terms and Conditions and any Specific API Terms and Conditions, these General API Terms and Conditions prevail.