Today, Schiphol announces the range of runway maintenance and works planned for 2022. Most extensive is the major maintenance of the Aalsmeerbaan Runway, which will make this runway unavailable for air traffic from April through July.
Published on: 25 November 2021
We regularly perform maintenance and other works on and around the six runways and the taxiways at Schiphol to keep them safe and in good condition. The runways are often unavailable for take-offs and landings while the works are being carried out. Deploying other runways means that there will be consequences for runway use and air traffic. As a result, you can expect more or less aircraft as a neighbour.
Runway maintenance in 2022
Please find below what works are being done and which runways have limited or no availability. Dates may change due to unforeseen circumstances.
- 4 April to mid-July: major maintenance Aalsmeerbaan Runway
- 18 April - 24 April: Buitenveldertbaan and Aalsmeerbaan unavailable
- 16 May - 29 May: Kaagbaan only available as a shortened runway
- 27 June - 3 July: Buitenveldertbaan and Aalsmeerbaan unavailable
- Mid-July to end of August: Aalsmeerbaan unavailable at times of limited visibility
- 5 September – 18 September: maintenance Buitenveldertbaan Runway
- 26 September – 2 October: maintenance Zwanenburgbaan Runway
- 3 October – 9 October: Polderbaan only available during the day
- 10 October – 16 October: maintenance Polderbaan Runway
- Mid-October – end of November: Polderbaan unavailable at times of limited visibility
- 31 October – 6 November: maintenance works Kaagbaan Runway
- 14 November – 20 November: maintenance Schiphol-Oostbaan Runway
Find out more at the runway maintenance page.