Golden Rule: Lifting or hoisting: Lift and hoist with a plan
Never take lifting or hoisting lightly. It is a speciality in itself, and the activities are quite risky. Only start work if you have an approved lifting or hoisting plan and ensure that you have the right knowledge, materials and diplomas.
Golden Rule 4: I carry out lifting work only with an approved lifting or project plan
- Never place yourself underneath a lifted load.
- Never enter a sealed-off area with a hanging load.
- Avoid lifting work above operational areas.
- Always follow instructions.
- Ensure a clear division of tasks and clear communication.