Free public transport at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol: Travel with JAS on your OV-card
Several companies at Schiphol offer their staff free public transport at the airport. In order to be eligible, you will need a valid public transport (OV) chip card and an approved company pass from an affiliated organisation. You can load your Annual Schiphol Subscription (JAS) onto your OV chip card yourself at one of the special loading points.
How to use JAS with your OV chip card
In order to travel free of charge within the Schiphol area, you need a personal OV chip card onto which you have loaded a JAS at one of the loading points. After this, simply check in and out as you would with a normal OV chip card. The JAS discount will be deducted automatically. NB: in order to check in, you need a positive balance on your OV chip card. In addition, you must always be able to show your Schiphol Pass or staff pass during checks.
Are you eligible for a JAS?
A JAS is only valid in combination with one of the following staff passes:
- Schiphol Pass;
- Air Traffic Control staff pass;
- Martinair staff pass;
- Transavia staff pass;
- AirFrance/KLM staff pass;
- KLM Catering Services staff pass.
Where can you load a JAS onto your OV chip card?
We have several special loading points which make it easy to load a JAS onto your OV chip card yourself:
- Schiphol Transport Coordination Centre (VCC) - The Base C, on the ground floor;
- P30 – in the waiting area;
- P40 – in the waiting area;
- Building 133 – Schiphol-Oost, in the hall;
- Schiphol Head Office Building – Badge Centre, Evert van de Beekstraat 202;
- Crew Centre (BMC) – Skyport, first floor, to the left of the escalator;
- AKO News & Books – Arrival Hall 4;
- KLM head office – Amstelveen, in the staff restaurant.
No JAS, but still an annual subscription
What if your organisation is based at Schiphol, but your staff pass is not valid in combination with JAS? If so, you can request a Sternet public bus service Pass from the Transport Coordination Centre (VCC).