Closed-off areas: Stay alert in closed-off areas
Working in closed-off areas involves higher risks. You must never work in these areas alone. As you have very limited freedom of movement, little to no light and limited possibilities for escape, proper preparation and clear agreements in advance are required.
Golden Rule 5: I enter confined spaces only if all the requirements have been complied with
- Never enter a confined spaces without the client's permission.
- Always ensure security is present at the entrance.
- Ensure monitoring is performed as required.
- Also carry out continuous monitoring for welding work.
- Only work with safe electrical currents.
- Ensure appropriate rescue, protection and communication equipment is available.