Rail hub beneath the terminal
Schiphol has direct rail connections to many destinations in the Netherlands and beyond. You can travel to Schiphol 24/7 without having to change trains from Amsterdam, Utrecht, Leiden, The Hague, Delft and Rotterdam. Getting here from many other destinations only requires one transfer. The train station is directly beneath Schiphol Plaza. You can get there quickly and easily using escalators and lifts. We make it easy for you to choose travelling by train over by car. And make your journey more sustainable.
Train travel made easy
Planning your trip is easy. Go to the NS website for train times, or visit 9292.nl for a complete public transport overview and to plan your whole journey. Because of coronavirus, you are temporarily required to wear a face mask on the train.
Amsterdam Travel Ticket
The Amsterdam Travel Ticket gives you 1,2 or 3 days of unlimited travel on participating public transport. This ticket includes a train journey from Schiphol to every station in Amsterdam. You can also use it for the shuttle service to and from Schiphol on the Amsterdam Airport Express (bus 397) or Niteliner (N97).
International train travel from Schiphol
At the NS Hispeed ticket office in the terminal you can buy train tickets for various services including Thalys, ICE International, CityNightLine and Eurostar. The ticket office is located near the Meeting Point at Schiphol Plaza.
- Plan your journey at ns.nl or 9292.nl
- Buy a public transport card from the yellow ticket machines at Schiphol and most stations
- Make sure you have at least € 20 credit on your public transport card
- Always check in and out by swiping your card on the yellow card readers. These are located at the top of the escalators and lifts in Schiphol Plaza.
- You must wear a face mask on the train.