'Schiphol makes the Netherlands a larger country. But we don't just create value for the economy. We balance the economic perspective with the social perspective. We have many stakeholders who have different interests that are all equally relevant. This makes working at Schiphol challenging and very rewarding. We focus on the point on the horizon, while we continue to make short and longterm assessments about the future of the airport. That is what keeps me sharp. Two of my favourite personal destinations from Schiphol are Toulouse and South Africa. My wife and and I enjoyed a wonderful holiday in Toulouse in an old farmhouse on a spacious piece of land. And I enjoy South Africa because of its beautiful scenery and great wines.'
Mr J.A. Nijhuis RA
(b. 1957, Dutch nationality)
President & CEO
since 01 January 2009
Third term expires on 31 December 2018. Mr Nijhuis will step down as President & CEO on 1 May 2018.
- Non-executive member of the Board of Directors of Groupe ADP
- Non-executive member of the Board of Directors of Brisbane Airport Corporation PTY Ltd
- Member of the ACI Europe Board and ACI World Governing Board
- Member of the Dutch National Opera and Ballet Board of Governors
- Member of the Amsterdam Economic Board
- Co-Chair of the Schiphol Security and Public Safety Platform
- Member of the Executive Board and Governing Board of the VNO-NCW Confederation of Netherlands Industry and Employers
- Co-Chair of the Cyber Security Council
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Hotel Okura Amsterdam B.V.