The Privium Culture Weeks: Endive salad with smoked mackerel
- 400g red beetroot
- 200g yellow beetroot
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 20g thyme
- 150g smoked mackerel
- 40g radish
- 1 Granny Smith apples
- 0.5 lemon
- 1 containers rocket cress
This is how you make it!
- Preheat the oven to 230°C.
- Wash the red and yellow beetroot and slice a little off the top and bottom. No need to peel them.
- Cut into wedges. Mix with 1.5 tbsp of olive oil, thyme and a pinch of salt. Roast the beetroot for about 20 minutes in the oven or until they are tender. Allow to cool and remove the thyme.
- Shred the mackerel and set aside.
- Wash the radish and cut into wafer-thin slices or use a food processor or mandoline. Cover the radish slices in cold water to avoid them turning brown.
- Wash the apple, cut into wafer-thin slices. Sprinkle with lemon juice to stop them turning brown.
- Arrange the endive, beetroot wedges and mackerel on the plates. Top with the slices of apple and radish. Garnish with the rocket cress.
TIP: For flavour and sustainability, use MSC certified fish.