Royal Schiphol Group
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol needs more room to accommodate the growth in the number of passengers and air transport movements. It has therefore embarked on numerous major construction projects, including a new pier and terminal, the renovation and expansion of the train and bus station, new parking garages and the expansion of the drop-off roads. These major projects are being integrally managed by a new organisation at Schiphol Group, the Capital Programme.
Within the Capital Programme, the Design Team is responsible for the quality of the design of all the products that will be delivered by the Capital Programme and is making sure this is done on time and within budget. This team consists of people with extensive knowledge of architecture, design as well as experience in the development, design, operations and construction of airports. The Design Team is in charge of managing the entire design process and coordinating the communication and set up of the design brief. The Document Controller will report to the Programme Director.
- Managing the Document Control system (Aconex) and procedures, processes, templates, applications and more for the Capital Programme
- Running and administrating the Document Control system
- Functioning as the first line of contact in case of escalation of all Document Control related issues such as incompatible metadata
- Functioning as gate keeper of the Document Control rules and procedures
- Providing clarification, technical authority regarding Document Control issues
- Ensuring commitment, support and buy-in from internal and external interfaces (such as designers, PMCM’s Contractors, etc)
- Closely supervising difficult / sensitive phases with regard to changes, deadlines, and close-out phases
- Implementing workflows, procedures, templates, registers, numbering, distribution, reviews, etc.
- Designing workflows, statistics for the management team, user requirements in accordance with Capital Programme Governance plan
- Making sure the Document Control System (Aconex) is set up and managed in accordance with the Capital Programme Governance Document.
- A minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years of relevant position and experience on large EPC projects
- Experience in the use and maintenance/management of Aconex is a significant advantage
- Analyse requirements (internal, client’s, project management team)
- Able to identify/anticipate risks
- Understanding the difference of perspectives from the Client’s point of view and from the Contractor’s point of view
- Fluent in the English language in writing and in speech
- Knowledge and understanding of the Dutch language is preferred
- Strong communication skills
Schiphol Group is always on the move providing you with both professional and personal growth. We offer attractive company benefits for example: courses, use of company health and fitness activities and bring your own device budget. Further you get a chance to work with an inspiring team and work on special projects at Europe’s Preferred Airport.
If you have any question regarding this vacancy, please contact Frank Bax, Recruiter +31 6 11 32 00 80. Interested? Please submit your resume and motivational letter before the 15th of December in English and apply directly using the button below. The interviews will be held in English.
Acquisition in accordance with this vacancy will not be appreciated.