Welcome back to Schiphol: Do I need to get tested before I fly?
Which test do I need for my flight?
You can check if you need a test on Netherlandsworldwide.nl or ask for information from your airline. It is important that you get tested before you make your way to the airport. Check carefully in advance how long the test result is valid. Rapid testing is available at Schiphol, but you need to make an appointment beforehand. This can be done at Test2fly.amsterdam.
How does a rapid test at Schiphol work?
- Make an appointment at Test2fly.amsterdam.
- Select 'Antigeen sneltest' (Rapid test) from the menu and pick a test location.
- Choose a date and time, taking into account that the test must be no more than 24 hours old upon boarding the plane.
- Pay for the appointment.
- You will receive an email confirming your appointment.
- Come to the appointment at the test location at the agreed time and date. Don't forget to bring your passport or ID card and the email confirmation with you.
- You sign in with the QR code in your confirmation email – this will ensure that your test result is linked to your details.
- A qualified person administers the test.
- Your test is processed within 15-20 minutes.
- Negative test result? You can travel safely. Your travel certificate will be sent by email. You must be able to show this upon request.
- Positive test result? Unfortunately, you are not allowed to travel. You will receive the test result by email. The result will be shared with the local health authority (GGD). Go into quarantine and follow public health institute (RIVM) guidelines.
Do I need to get tested before flying to Schiphol?
If you are flying to Schiphol from abroad, it is important to check if you are travelling from a very high-risk area. Go to Government.nl to find out what the risk level is of the country or region where you're travelling from. If you are arriving from a very high-risk area, you are required to have a negative COVID-19 test result. This requirement applies to all travellers aged 12 and above who fly to Schiphol. Find out more on government.nl.
If you are travelling from a lower risk area, you may be asked to show a negative test result or proof of vaccination or recovery. Check what applies to your journey on reizentijdenscorona.rijksoverheid.nl.
Read the previous blogs:
Fly to 4 new destinations from Schiphol
In the winter period, you can fly from Schiphol with 71 airlines to a total of 256 destinations.
Planty of vegan options at Schiphol
Feel like plant-based snacks before your journey continues? At Schiphol, we have plenty of planty, eh vegan options for you!
Do I have to wear a face mask at Schiphol?
At Schiphol we maintain 1.5 metres distance from each other. That can be difficult at some locations, which is why we ask you to wear a face mask there.