A warm welcome for conference guests: ERS at Schiphol
Amsterdam recently had the honor of organising the 2015 European Respiratory Society (ERS) conference. This was a huge international event, with more than 23,000 attendees, many of whom arrived via Schiphol. They received a warm welcome at the airport, thanks to a strong media plan and a sophisticated use of mixed media.
The role of Schiphol
Amsterdam is ideally situated for international conferences, trade fairs and other events due to its excellent accessibility. Many potential visitors and other travelers arrived during the conference period, providing a perfect opportunity to show them to the event and raise awareness about the importance of healthy lungs and clean air.
Repetition leads to greater impact
Various media objects were used throughout the airport by ERS and its partner, In Amsterdam. A Giant Lightbox was positioned to attract travelers’ attention after they left their aircraft. The lightbox network then displayed additional information on the digital screens above the baggage belts as they waited for their bags to arrive. On exiting Schiphol Plaza, ERS was unmissable thanks to the Vision Square Lightbox and the Astrovision screen on Jan Dellaert Square.
Thanks to the sophisticated media mix, arriving travelers were reached at different moments with different messages. During the campaign period, around 940,000 people walked past the Giant Reclaim Lightboxes and more than 1.5 million travelers had the chance to see the ads in the Baggage Halls.
"The media we used and its positioning worked out well. The people I spoke to were all impressed with our ads at the airport. I’m pleased with the outcome of the campaign. Advertising at Schiphol certainly helped us to achieve our goals."
Steve Sealy, Associate Director of ERS
Digital Reclaim Network
- Large screens above each luggage belt
- Eye-catchingly positioned next to luggage information screens
- People often spend lots of time looking up at the screens
Schengen Arrivals Giant Lightbox
- Perfect for targeting travelers just before they reach the Baggage Hall
- Catches the eye due to its unique curved surface and sheer size
- A great way to reach all OD (original destination) Schengen passengers
D1-pier Arrivals Giant Lightbox
- Targets passengers on their way to Passport Control
- On the walking route from Pier D2
- Sited directly ahead of passengers for maximum impact
Reclaim Lightbox Network
- The perfect way to advertise to people as they enter the Baggage Halls
- Allows you to reach all non-Schengen arrivals.
Vision Square Lightboxes
- Reach all sorts of visitors to Schiphol by advertising here
- Huge screen: 8 x 6 meters
- Very noticeable position, next to the moving Astrovision screen
- Very busy location, next to Schiphol Plaza
- Seen by passengers, friends, families, and everyone waiting at the bus stops and taxi ranks