If you are travelling via Schiphol and need some foreign currency the Travel Money Service is a fast and convenient service which can save you a fair bit of time. With the Travel Money Service you simply state which foreign currency you need. On the day of departure you can collect your order from one of the eight ABN AMRO branches at Schiphol that are situated both before and beyond passport control.
The advantages of the Travel Money Service in a nutshell
- conveniently order up to EUR 2500.00 in a foreign currency.
- no additional costs
- long opening hours to make it is easy for you to collect your order (7 days a week from 6.00 to 22.00 hours during wintertime and from 5.00 to 22.00 hours during summertime).
- you do not pay for your order until you come to collect it at Schiphol. The costs will be charged directly to your account.
More about the Travel Money Service
- You enter the details of your order on the order form.
- Next, you print out the order statement, which is also your confirmation.
- On the day of departure you report to one of the ABN AMRO branches at Schiphol.
- You take receipt of your order and pay for it on the spot.
What are the costs?
The Travel Money Service is a free service that ABN AMRO offers to its clients. The exchange rate of the foreign currency is determined the day you collect your order. Payment is made upon receipt via a Dutch bank account, cash or credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Diners). You can cancel or change your order up to 12 hours in advance via telephone number: +31 (0)20 - 4466662. Should you have any foreign currency left after your journey, you can convert them again at the ABN AMRO exchange branch.
Is there a maximum amount I can order?
You can order up to a maximum of EUR 2500.00 in a foreign currency. Moreover you need to have an adequate balance in your account or adequate spending limit on your account.
Order your foreign currency now.