Preferred European hub for aerospace
The Amsterdam Metropolitan Area (AMA) has the necessary know-how, infrastructure, education, research, test systems and design expertise, making it an ideal location for aerospace-related activities. More than 80 international aerospace-related companies have already selected the AMA as their European business hub with a view to optimising their European activities.
Facts and figures
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol is the best-connected airport to the aerospace industry, offering daily connections to the world’s leading aerospace regions, including Seattle, Sao Paolo, Toulouse, Turkey, Montreal and Tokyo;
- 10,000 people are currently working in the aerospace cluster in the AMA;
- Over 90 years of experience in Maintenance Repair Overhaul (MRO);
- The leading MRO companies operating in the AMA are KLM, E&M, AAR, Fokker Services, Nayak, Epcor and Bombardier;
- Other aerospace companies already located in the AMA include Honeywell, Aercap, Boeing, DAE Capital, GE Aviation, Aviall, Khune + Nagel, DB Schenker, Rhenus Logistics, CAE Materials, P&W Canada, Canso, and Flight Simulation Company.
For specific or general questions about, or related to, (your) cargo shipment(s), air cargo shipping, track & trace options, transit & arrival times, etc. you should contact your specific cargo service provider or express/courier company. Please click the relevant category of cargo service providers in the right-hand side menu to get a list of related companies that are located at or around Schiphol.
Saskia van Pelt
Director Business Development Cargo