Bogota and Cali – two new destinations by KLM
• Per 31st March 2015 these two new destinations from Amsterdam will be started
• 3x per week Amsterdam – Bogota – Cali – Amsterdam
• Flights operated with Boeing 777-200ER
Salt Lake City added to Amsterdam by Delta Air Lines
• Per 1st May 2015 direct service from Salt Lake City to Amsterdam
• Starts with 5 weekly service and up to daily per 18th May
• Operated with a B767-300ER with 210 seats
Flybe adds Manchester and London City from Amsterdam
• Per 26th October Flybe will operate daily flights from Manchester to Amserdam with an Embraer 175 jet aircraft with 88 seats
• Per 1st November, Flybe will also launch London City to Amsterdam – only during the weekend with A 778-seater Bombardier Q400
• With Manchester and London City Flybe will grow its network from Amsterdam from 5 to 7 destinations
easyJet: Amsterdam to become a base per Spring 2015
• Amsterdam will become an EasyJet base per Spring 2015
• 3 aircraft will be based in Amsterdam
• Per November, easyJet will launch Hamburg from Amsterdam with 6 flights per week
Iberia Express starts at Schiphol
• On 1 July Iberia Express launched services between Madrid and Amsterdam
• Till September, Iberia Express will operates twice daily
• Per September the frequency will increase to three times daily
Zagrosjet: a new arrival at Schiphol
• Started flights per 26th June from Erbil to Amsterdam
• Operates once a week with an A320
• As well as Amsterdam, Zagrosjet serves London Luton, Munich and Stockholm.
KLM increases frequencies to various intercontinental destinations this winter
• Per 26 October KLM will increase frequencies from Amsterdam to Mexico City from 7 to 9 flights a week. Flights will be operated with B747-400 Combi
• Per 10 November frequencies to Atlanta will be increased from 7 to 12 weekly services. Airbus A330-200 will be operated on the route.
• KLM will increase per 17 November the frequencies to Curaçao from 7 to 9 flights per week; the additional flights will be operated with an Airbus A330-200
• Per June 2015 the frequencies to Houston will be increased from 9 to 10 flights a week
• KLM will increase frequencies to Eastern Africa. Dar es Salaam will be served daily with an A330, with three weekly flights being direct and four via Kilimanjaro. Entebbe will also be served daily, with three weekly direct flights and four via Kigali. These changes also mean KLM is introducing a new rotation: Amsterdam –Kilimanjaro – Kigali – Amsterdam, three times a week. The change means a net increase of three extra weekly flights. The aircraft to be used for these flights is an A330.
KLM to stop Lusake and Harare
• KLM will stop the combined services to Lusaka in Zambia and Harare in Zimbabwe by the end of Summer 2014
• KLM had launched services to Lusaka in May 2012 and combined this with Harare per October 2012
More capacity on Delta Air Lines
• Delta Air Lines is using larger aircraft this winter season for a number of important hub-to-hub routes.
• An A330-300 is replacing the B767-300ER for thE DAILY FLIGHT TO NEW YORK JFK.
• Atlanta, Detroit and Minneapolis-St. Paul will be served several times daily, each of them using a B777-200LR for one flight.
airBaltic to launch Vilnius-Amsterdam
• airBaltic will launch Vilinius – Amsterdam flights per 30th October
• the service will be operated 4x weekly with a B737
• airBaltic also operates twice daily between Riga and Amsterdam
Skywork Airlines reduces frequency
• Skywork Airlines will reduce frequencies from Bern to Amsterdam from six to four flights per week
Estonian Air stops Växjö-Amsterdam
• Estonian Air stopped services from Växjö – Amsterdam per 10th August
• Flights were operated 5x per week with an Embraer E170 and the service was launch last May
Lufthansa celebrated 50 years at Schiphol
• Lufthansa celebrated its 50th anniversary at Schiphol with a number of scenic flights for invited guests and press.
• The flights used the General Aviation Terminal and were carried out with a three-engine Junckers Ju-52 (“Auntie Ju") from 1936. We have received great images of this historic aircraft
Iran Air marks 20 years at Schiphol
• 12 June marked the 20th anniversary of the launch of Iran Air’s Tehran to Amsterdam service
• The occasion was marked with a celebratory cake
• Iran Air currently flies twice weekly between Tehran and Amsterdam using an A300-600.